“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Benjamin Franklin coined this phrase in the 1730s as advice for fire safety. However, like all timeless quotes, it applies to many more features of modern Pearland life, particularly dental health.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some critical guidelines are highlighted here.
1. Make a habit of brushing your teeth. Do it twice a day for 2 minutes. Be sure to use an ADA-approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
2. Don’t forget the floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
3. Wear a protective mouthguard when participating in an activity where your mouth could possibly be damaged.
4. Don’t smoke. As if you needed yet another reason not to!
5. Skip piercing your lips, tongue, cheek, or any other part of your mouth that someone decided you should shove a metal bar through. Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection, and nerve damage. It’s a dicey fashion that you’ll want to avoid.
6. Stay away from snacks that have a lot of sugar or starch.
7. Schedule regular dental visits, of course!
My name is Dr. David C. Montz. Helping my dental patients establish good habits is important to me, and so is helping them achieve the smile they want with cosmetic dentistry procedures such as veneers, teeth whitening and complete smile makeovers.
Montz and Maher Dental Group has been serving the Pearland area since 1997. If you are in the market for an excellent dentist, we invite you to contact us at 832-895-5120 so we can make an appointment for you.
Contact Montz and Maher Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):