White teeth make anyone look younger, happier and more attractive. And it seems like there are more teeth whitening alternatives than ever before.
The least expensive product you’ll find in Pearland is a whitening toothpaste. It helps remove surface stains while gently polishing and providing mild stain removal. Because it doesn’t contain bleach, teeth will only be lightened up to one shade.
Lightening Strips and Gels
Whitening strips and gels are also popular. They’re usually peroxide-based. You apply them for two weeks, twice a day. They may be able to whiten your teeth a shade or two. The results can last up to three or four months.
Whitening rinses are one of the newer practices for whitening teeth. Because of the small amount of contact time these rinses have on teeth, they often have a minimal effect.
But are these whitening systems safe?
Below are a few tips on how you can bleach safely so your smile is not only brilliant, but also healthy.
- Get a dental check-up. Let your dentist know if you experience sensitivity when you whiten your teeth. At Montz and Maher Dental Group, we are happy to help you prevent potential problems. (That’s our job!)
- Follow whitening product instructions for use. They’re not just suggestions. They’re given to help you achieve healthy teeth while avoiding damage.
- Do not use brightening products longer than directed. This can result in tooth and gum sensitivity.
- Aim for a natural white. If you whiten too much, your teeth may become translucent or even start to have a bluish tint. Try to match the whites in your eyes. Then you won’t overdo it.
- To keep your teeth white, forego tea, cola, and coffee. And don’t smoke! (Stained teeth will be the least of your worries.)
The safest way to whiten your teeth?
At Montz and Maher Dental Group, we offer an in-office tooth whitening treatment that is safe and effective. Our patients can’t believe how great their teeth look when they remove the stains and restore the brightness.
Your smile is worth professional expertise.
Contact Montz and Maher Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):