So you want to whiten your teeth? It’s a cost-effective way to upgrade your smile, look younger, and feel more confident when you interact with people in business or social settings.
Here are 5 things Montz and Maher Dental Group recommends when it comes to teeth whitening:
- Meet with your dentist for a consultation first. There are several different teeth whitening systems and a consultation will help you identify which protocol is best for you.
- It is vital to know that whitening does not affect existing fillings, veneers, or crowns.
- During your consultation, decide how many shades lighter you want your teeth to be at the end of the treatment. Depending on the whitening method chosen, your teeth can be improved three to eight shades. An in-office procedure achieves a degree of lightening that cannot be achieved with an OTC product. During your treatment, your dentist may apply a coating to protect your gums and roots while the bleaching agent is applied.
- An alternative protocol is to have your dentist customize a take-home kit for you. Make sure you follow the instructions specifically. First, molds are made from your upper and lower arch. Then the lab creates trays to hold the bleach. While this protocol may take longer, it is more cost-effective and more convenient for many patients. Teeth whitening results from either technique can last from six months to two years.
- With any of the teeth whitening systems, tooth sensitivity may transpire. In most cases, it won’t last for more than a day or so. Call Montz and Maher Dental Group if it lasts longer.
Montz and Maher Dental Group offers general, restorative, and cosmetic dental services including sedation dentistry, CEREC dental crowns, porcelain veneers, and teeth whitening. At Montz and Maher Dental Group, quality care and a comfortable patient experience are our top priorities.
Contact Montz and Maher Dental Group:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):