If you have crooked teeth, either braces or Invisalign will work to strengthen your teeth. However, Invisalign may work better for your lifestyle. Imagine if you could straighten your smile without walking around the metal brackets all over your teeth. Imagine if you could have a perfectly aligned smile without the discomfort of wires and painful tightenings. With Invisalign, it’s all possible.
Braces vs Invisalign
Traditional braces are metal fixtures cemented to teeth that provide robust alignment correction. In contrast, Invisalign offers a discreet solution with clear, removable aligners tailored to the patient’s teeth. While both effectively straighten teeth, Invisalign provides added flexibility and a less noticeable appearance.
Why Choose Invisalign?
Both metal braces and Invisalign can effectively straighten your teeth, but there are many differences between these treatments. Weigh these differences as you consider options for straightening your teeth.
- Appearance: In the war between Invisalign and metal braces, Invisalign wins the appearance battle. The clear trays of Invisalign braces are virtually invisible, whereas metal braces can be bulky and obvious. Invisalign braces are a truly discreet way to straighten your teeth!
- Orthodontic Focus: Invisalign braces can reverse standard orthodontic problems like crowding, gaps, overbite, and underbite. For patients with more complicated orthodontic needs, straightening teeth with metal braces may be more successful.
- Eating: If you want to keep eating your favorite foods and drinks, you may take the side of Invisalign braces. Metal braces can be damaged by sticky, crunchy, or hard-to-bite foods. Invisalign braces are removable, so you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want.
- Oral Hygiene: Metal braces need labor-intensive oral hygiene routines like flossing under wires and brushing around brackets. Oral hygiene with Invisalign braces is simple; you just remove your aligners and brush and floss normally.
- Comfort: Both metal braces and Invisalign braces exert gentle pressure to straighten your teeth, but many patients find Invisalign more comfortable. The sleek material of your Invisalign aligners will be gentle on your cheeks and lips.
The debate between choosing Invisalign or traditional braces is complex and it is important to talk through all the options with your dental team at Montz and Maher to find the right solution for your unique smile.
More Benefits of Invisalign
Our Invisalign clear braces offer many benefits! Just a few of these benefits are listed here. Invisalign clear braces are:
Removable | You will remove your Invisalign aligners when you eat. You can continue to eat all kinds of foods without damaging your clear braces. You can also briefly remove your aligners for special occasions or sports and other activities.
Easy to Care For | You will remove your clear braces to brush and floss your teeth. It’s easy to maintain your normal oral hygiene routine, preventing cavities and stains to your teeth.
Comfortable | Your aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth seamlessly. The smooth, BPA-free materials of your clear braces will be gentle on your cheeks and gums.
Undetectable | This feature of Invisalign is the most popular among busy teens and adults. Instead of calling attention to your orthodontic treatment, why not wear inconspicuous clear braces? You can be proud of your appearance both during and after orthodontic therapy.
How to Know if Invisalign is Right for You
Invisalign clear braces are invisible and comfortable and produce unparalleled results. Invisalign patients love the convenience of being able to remove their clear braces and still eat their favorite foods without limitations. If you have crooked teeth, you might be asking this question: is Invisalign the right treatment for me?
You can likely get the smile you’re looking for with Invisalign. Only severe orthodontic issues require metal braces.
How Invisalign Helps
Different teeth alignment issues will be approached in different ways. Below are some of the most common issues that can be fixed with Invisalign treatment:
- Crooked Teeth
- Gaps in Your Teeth
- Crowded Teeth
Invisalign aligners allow you to maintain your regular diet, daily habits, and oral hygiene routine. You won’t have to slow your schedule or disturb your appearance to straighten your teeth. If you are searching for a convenient adult solution that will improve crooked teeth, Invisalign clear braces might be right for you!
Get Invisalign in Pearland, TX, Today
Everyone wants a stunning smile. Most patients who have crooked teeth can get their ideal smile with an experienced Invisalign dentist. Give us a call today to learn more if you are in the Pearland-Friendswood-Manvel area!