Toothache Relief in Pearland
At our Pearland and Friendswood dental practices, a root canal can help stop your teeth from hurting using comfortable, one-visit root canal therapy.
Why Do People Get Toothaches?
Toothaches are a common dental complaint. They can be caused by various reasons ranging from tooth decay to gum disease.
Previously damaged teeth are especially susceptible. Some patients may experience a toothache due to a chipped tooth or a damaged filling. Sinus infections can also lead to toothaches. Regular dental check-ups can help in preventing them.
Here are some more reasons for toothaches:
- Impacted wisdom teeth: When the emerging molars are blocked from breaking through the gum by other teeth, it can lead to intense discomfort.
- Abscessed teeth: An infection at the tooth’s root or between the gum and tooth can be exceptionally painful and even dangerous if not treated.
- Tooth sensitivity: Often arising from receding gums or thinning tooth enamel, tooth sensitivity can cause sharp pains when consuming hot or cold beverages and foods.
- Grinding or clenching the teeth: A condition known as bruxism can also produce chronic tooth pain.
It’s crucial to pinpoint the root cause of a toothache because while some conditions can be easily remedied, others may require more extensive treatment. Proper oral hygiene and timely dental interventions can significantly reduce the risk of developing painful tooth issues.
Symptoms of a Tooth Infection
When bacteria gets in and affects the nerves and pulp of your tooth, you may feel pain, throbbing, and aching.
You may also notice that your tooth looks black or gray, or darker than normal, or that the gums are swollen around the affected tooth. If you experience any tooth pain, call our Pearland or Friendswood office right away!
Signs of a tooth infection in the root canal include:
- Persistent aching or throbbing in the tooth.
- A sharp pain occurs when pressure is applied to the area.
- Eating or drinking hot or cold foods can increase tooth sensitivity.
- The gums can be swollen or look discolored.
- The affected tooth unexpectedly chips or breaks.
Treating a Toothache
Treating a toothache as soon as possible is imperative to saving your tooth. Root canal therapy can treat tooth infections and restore your oral health, getting rid of pain and future problems. If you don’t get a toothache treated, your condition will worsen and you can get an abscessed tooth or lose it permanently.
Why Do I Need a Root Canal?
Tooth roots keep your jawbone healthy and prevent bone deterioration. When our dentists perform root canals, we save as much tooth structure as possible and remove affected soft tissue from the tooth. After your root canal is finished, we’ll prepare your tooth for a crown to add strength and protection to your tooth.
Do Root Canals Hurt?
We make sure our root canal treatments are as comfortable as possible. Our dental team will make sure your mouth is completely numb for your root canal therapy. We also offer sedation dentistry for patients with anxiety. After your root canal, you will be pain-free and can get to your normal schedule!
Contact Montz & Maher Dental Group for Toothache Relief
Call our office today to schedule an appointment for friendly and relaxed root canal dentistry if you need relief and are in the Pearland area, including Manvel!