The team at Montz and Maher Dental Group serving Pearland and Manvel would like to share with you some insights about halitosis.
Halitosis, or bad breath, can be embarrassing when it happens. Poor oral hygiene is often the cause. Make sure you schedule your preventive visits and teeth cleaning with us twice a year.
Brushing just the teeth may not remove particles of food between the teeth and up in the gums. Bacteria can grow and stink from hidden floss-only locations. Gently brushing the gums, sides of the mouth and the tongue in addition to the teeth may make the difference.
Also, the food you are eating can impact the odor in your mouth. Onions, garlic, and coffee are likely to show up on the breath regardless of time spent brushing.
Illness, infection, and allergies can all cause dry mouth which in turn upset the control of bacteria in the mouth. Diabetes, kidney failure, radiation therapy, liver malfunction, dry mouth, or even a sinus infection can cause an odor. The microbe balance in the mouth is ever-changing.
Finally, dentures or a removable appliance may also carry bacteria that needs to be cleaned and freshened up on a regular basis.
- Brush and floss the teeth as well as brush the tongue, gums, and sides of the mouth.
- Enjoy onions and garlic a little less.
- Stay on top of health issues.
- Keep dentures clean.
- sedation dentistry that can help ease your dental fears,
- sleep solutions that can help you stop snoring- so everyone in your bedroom sleeps better, and
- sleep apnea treatment that can help you get a better night’s sleep.
Call us today to see how we can help.